Once you sign up to HireHunt, you are granted a special email address.
This email will look like “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Any CV that is sent to this email gets turned into a profile on HireHunt and then added to your private, searchable talent database.
Basic information is extracted from the CV and added to each profile such as:
- Graduation date
- Phone number(s)
- Social media links
You can see your HireHunt email address by clicking the top right menu and selecting ‘Integrations’.
– To browse all incoming CVs you can click ‘Inbox’ from the main menu on the left side of your homepage.
– To see statistics on your entire talent database you can click ‘Dashboards’ and select ‘Talent’, to see the breakdowns of fields and experience years for example. You can click on any item to browse all the candidates within that section.
– To browse, say, candidates who are in the software field with between 3 to 8 years experience located in United Kingdom, you go to the ‘Search’ section and select those values from the dropdowns and press the search button to view the results.
Forwarding CVs to your HireHunt account
If you are already actively recruiting, you likely already have an email address that you have been using to receive applicants, like email@example.com or something similar.
To instantly benefit from HireHunt without changing your current careers email address you can simply forward emails from your current email to your HireHunt email.
Here’s how to do that on Gmail:
- Open ‘Settings’ and then ‘Rules’ in GMAIL
- Add a rule to forward emails to your HireHunt email.
- Press ‘Save’
- Gmail will first send a message to HireHunt to verify, which HireHunt will automatically approve within 5 minutes.
- You will then receive an email from HireHunt requesting you to save the rule once more so that it takes effect.
- Send a test email with a sample CV to check that forwarding is now working and CVs are being imported for you correctly on HireHunt.
Here’s how to do that on Outlook:
- Click the Settings gear icon (⚙) in the Outlook Mail on the web toolbar
- Go to the Mail > Accounts > Forwarding category on the Options screen.
- Make sure Start forwarding is selected under Forwarding.
- Enter the email address at which you want to receive all future emails under Forward my email to.